Park Inn by Radisson, Cape Town, Newlands
Map to the venue: https://bit.ly/3SrzEWm
For convenience, you are encouraged to look for accommodation close to the conference venue. Below is a list of some Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts and Guest Houses that are relatively closer to campus and have profiles on websites such as Booking.com, Hotels.com Expedia.com and Tripadvisor, where one can easily find information on availability, pricing and quality of service. Use Google Map to see the exact distance from the different accommodation options to University of Cape Town (Upper Campus). Often Uber tend to be the most convenient transport options from airport to the hotel. However, we also encourage you to consult with your specific hotel/B&B and seek advice on transport options.
- Vineyards Hotel –https://www.vineyard.co.za/
- Park Inn by Radisson Newlands – https://bit.ly/3fkrdxK. The hotel is offering conference delegates a rate of R 1350.00 (US$75)single room and R 1550.00 (US$86) double room. This rate will only be valid for the dates the conference will take place and will need to be booked by no later Friday 21st October.
- Protea Hotel Mowbray, Cape Town, https://bit.ly/3SmOLAH
- Double Tree by Hilton, Cape Town Upper Eastside – https://bit.ly/3SrzEWm
Recommended B&Bs and Guest Houses
- Little Scotia Guest House – www.scotia.co.za
- Devonshire House – thedevonshirehouse.co.za
- Knightsbury Guest House – www.knightsbury.co.za
- Carmichael House – www.carmichaelhouse.co.za
- Villa Garda B&B – www.villagarda.co.za
- Riversong Guest House – www.riversongguesthouse.co.za
You can also consider making use of AirBnB (www.airbnb.com). It offers a variety of options depending on your needs and can be convenient for those looking for simple and affordable accommodation as well as those travelling with family and want a self–catering accommodation. AirBnB works slightly differently from a typical hotel or BnB so if you are going to be using AirBnB for the first time, please do some research on the basic dos and don’ts before making a booking. Here is a one you can start with.